8.7

$2,342.00

1. had transmission rebuilt (2 reports)
  2. replace shifting solenoid (1 reports)
1999 Chevrolet Venture transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Chevrolet Venture:

1999 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Apr 012010

Venture Extnd 3.4L

This is crazy. Who has transmission rebuilds @ 93,000 miles. Solenoid bad! These transmissions should be under a recall!

- , Huntington, WV, USA

Aug 032008

Venture LS 3.2V6

• CVT transmission

Tranny shifting hard.After my tranny, and two so called "rebuilt trannys" by GM mechanics, I finally, called.GM's tranny dept. GM said, "I know the problem.!!!!! Its the shifting solenoid, it costs $47 !!!!!" There was a bulletin put out approx.2001. After my tranny and two rebuilt trannys didn't work, WHY didn't they put the solenoid in during rebuilding!!!!!!!!! One mech told me he put 3 trannys in before he got a good one.

- , Coarsegold, CA, USA

Nov 282002

Venture

This problem came and went, sometimes it would shift just fine. It actually began right after we bought the van,used, with about 20,00 miles on it. When we went to pick it up the repairman said there was a Pontiac van there with the same drivetrain with exactly the same problem. I think GM HAS RELEASED A LEMON into the car market and there will be alot more complaints.

- , Amory, MS, USA