2000 Chevrolet Venture cooling system problems: leaking coolant

Leaking Coolant

8.0

2. trade the vehicle in (1 reports)
2000 Chevrolet Venture cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Chevrolet Venture:

2000 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Sep 202012

Venture Gold Edition 3.4L

My dad bought this van from the original owner for me back in 2011 as an early baby gift. Since then it has been a freakin' nightmare! The radiator is eating coolant like there's no tomorrow (62 jugs since September 2011.) At 20 bucks a jug that's not cheap! The mechanic can't find a leak anywhere! We don't know where it's going and it's filling the rad with air and overheating like crazy all the time. Go figure. It overheats less in the summer than in the winter.

More problems-- There is no heat ever! My dad had both the motors on the electric windows replaced in 2011 and they crapped out right away! Windows fall off track all the time and now the driver's side won't roll up! Automatic passenger side door has a mind of its own and opens mid drive, and, it also opens after being parked and locked! It has a ghost in it! The driving lights are so dim I have to hold a flashlight up. The flashlight uses two AA batteries and that works better than my high beams!

While driving, the seat belts like to tighten up so badly that I almost went into labor from the pressure. It just kept getting tighter and tighter and tighter and wouldn't let up until I was blue from strangulation! Almost had to cut it off because the latch wouldn't let go! Steering comes and goes as it feels the need to and the van likes to accelerate on its own around corners and going up hills. Whenever I hit 100km/h the autopilot kicks in all by itself and won't let me use the pedal until I slam on the brakes!

This van has been hell on wheels and sometimes I think it's possessed! Got to the point that I really can't even give it away. I have it posted as free. No one wants it, not even for parts. My dad paid $2000 for the van and put in over $3000 in parts and service and we can't give it away. I am really serious about donating it to a wrecker or something!

Sincerely yours, Horrified Behind the Wheel! (and never buying Chevrolet again!)

- , Prince George, BC, canada

Jun 302010

Venture LS 3.4L

It was leaking coolant slowly and the repair shop wanted to replace the head gasket, intake gasket, etc... but I personally solved the problem by trading the thing in for a Toyota Sienna van and it has been no surprises ever since, just consistency and reliability resulting into pure peace of mind resolve.

There is definitely serious enginering problems with domestic vehicles. Ford is no exception and is one of the worst vans and suvs we have ever owned-NO MORE, NO MORE. You would think there would be improvement over time, but there isn't any. Asians are simply perfectionists and superior hands down period.

- , Columbia, TN, USA