7.0

1. replace condensor without bottom bolt (2 reports)
2001 Chevrolet Venture AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Venture:

2001 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Aug 012005

Venture 3.4L V6

We did not know this was a manufacturers defect till our IMG went out. We live outside of Sacramento, Ca.,and went a year with no AC till we could get fixed!! My kids were sweltering!!!! I think it's too late to complain to GM, I am still trying to get them to pay for the IMG!!

- , Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Mar 222007

Venture LS V6

There is a GM service bulletin that says" when replacing the condenser do not replace one of the bottom bracket bolts" this will prevent it from cracking again.

If you take your vehicle to a service station that is not up on service bulletins you will be replacing the condenser again like I had to only one and half years after I replaced the original. I also recommend you get a rebuilt condenser for half the price of a new one if you are looking to save a few bucks. If money is not a concern take it to the dealer because their parts are warrantied for life.

- , Howell, NJ, USA