3.4

2001 Chevrolet Venture accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Venture:

2001 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Jun 102009

Venture

Air conditioning condenser leaking. Dealer wants $1000 to repair. This is a known defect on this condenser, bad welds, yet GM takes no fault even though tens of thousands of these have failed. With asthma, I need A/C and this vehicle is no safe without it.

- Waterford, WI, USA

Nov 152003

Venture

I purchased the vehicle brand new in 2001. Since then, my vcr that is installed in the Venture was defective and repaired four times. Each time under warranty but it was inconvienent for me. The brakes went out on me twice that I repaired at a mechanic, then the A/C wouldn't cool (this is recently), now the oxygen sensor is causing the "'service engine" message on my dash board to light up. This car is only 2 years old!!! I maintain my car well, the manager of the Chevrolet dealership tried to accomodate me (once) so that I won't make a fuss and call the media on them. I was not aware of the lemon law until recently.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Apr 132004

Venture 6-cyl

My 2001 Chevy Venture's air conditioning condenser obtained a crack, causing the ac fluid to leak out and not function. Vehicle is at 39000 miles and barely out of warranty. Speaking with parts dept at a local dealer, apparently this is a common problem caused by normal flexing of the vehicle's framework, and a costly one to repair (abt $850 parts and labor). The consumer should not need to pay for design defects like this. Ac condensers are not a component that routinely crack, especially in vehicles this new.

- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA