2002 Chevrolet Venture seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Chevrolet Venture:

2002 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Oct 282008

Venture

My 2yr old daughter was strangled last night in our 2002 Chevy Venture. The van has a built in toddler seat(may be called differ) well, she some how managed to have the "adult" seat belt wrap around her neck and then the seat belt tighten up. We could not get the belt off due to it being "locked." We opened the door, of course this is after a quick panic across lanes in the highway to exit the major highway we were driving on. Well, I had my son run over to "pep boys" and tell them there is a 2yr old that is chocking from a seatbelt the will not "let go" and we need something to cut the belt with. They were very helpful there at pep boys. My son managed to run back to us and hand me the emergency device to cut the belt and release our daughter. The was nothing we could do. We opened the door and had the van in park. I think if I and my son were not there, we may have one less member in our family today. Something needs to be done for this can never happen again.

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Sep 072006

Venture

My wife was in an auto accident in which my five year old daughter was killed. My wife had properly secured ellie in her seat belt but she was ejected from the auto and died instantly in a low speed crash. She may have unbuckled or herself but our major concern is that the car had previous seat belt failure and we have the maintenance records to support this.

- Decatur, IN, USA