2003 Chevrolet Venture electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Venture:

2003 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Apr 112013

Venture 6-cyl

About a week after I got my mini van the fuel gauge quit working, the ignition switch started staying on in the start position, and I've got a rattle in the engine that nobody can seem to find. All of my friend's have heard this sound in the engine, but the techs keep telling me it's normal.

- Conway Springs, KS, USA

Mar 292014

I have a 2003 Chevy Venture and when I purchased it, I noticed that the turn signals would start blinking real fast on the dash. When I would look at them on the outside they were blinking fine, as was the dash lights. This happened several times, so I thought that it was just the bulbs themselves. Then on March 29, 2014, I noticed a little puff of smoke come from the headlight area when my wife pulled into our driveway. I also noticed that the passenger side turn/parking light was out. I luckily had a bulb from another car to replace it, but when I took the assembly out and went to turn the connector to replace the bulb, and noticed it was hot. Thinking that something did not seem right, I let it cool down and then removed it. What I saw was the connector that holds the bulb was black and melted. It actually melted to the bulb itself. I looked at the bulb and it was still good, other than the bottom plastic part. The white smoke I had seen was either the connector catching on fire and melting or the melting of the plastic itself. I never saw any flames. I cannot afford to replace the connector, nor would I risk my family's life, so I have no turn signal. Then worse part is the driver side light was doing the same thing as the passenger, but it has since stopped and is working properly now that the passenger side bulb has been removed.

- Nortonville, KY, USA

Dec 042007

Venture 6-cyl

Problem with the the rear right brake light assembly socket board burning out & condensation or water leaking into the assembly also related to cause. Multiple times electrical problems reported & replaced on this vehicle & again on 09/2011 & 12/2011 for same rear brake issue.

- Cromwell , CT, USA

Apr 142009

Signal bulbs keep blowing out, definite electrical problem - brakes no longer work - bulbs are good, they work when you pull the back cases off. Put them on like they are supposed to be, no longer work. Cannot find anything wrong to fix it!

- Box Elder, SD, USA

Feb 152004

Numerous electrical problems both headlights replaced one under warranty, both heated mirrors replaced, one under warranty, battery replaced under warranty, , dash lights blink off and on gas gauge shows full most of the time and at other times goes to empty, sometimes will show correct fuel left in tank. Vehicle occasionally locks itself, have to keep an extra key handy.

- Skaneateles, NY, USA

Aug 092008

First we lost one of the speeds on the fan inside the van. Then about 2 weeks later we were on a trip and all was fine. We stopped for about 1.5 hours and then continued to drive. When we had started out the second time there was an odor of something burning, so I pulled over and checked things out. I looked under the dash and could not see anything. I also felt the dash components to see if there was any thing that was hot, to which I did not see that much of a difference. I started the van back up and noticed that I could not turn the internal fan off and the smell of melting/burning wires was strong. I got home and took the dash apart and found that the fan switch had melted and wires to the fan switch had melted the insulation off. I took the switch out of the car so I can order a new switch and wiring harness. If I did not take the dash apart as soon as I got home, it could have caused a fire.

- Mount Airy, MD, USA

Oct 272003

While turning vehicle stalled. Vehicle was restarted with no problem. Took vehicle to the dealership, but problem recurred.

- Hershey, PA, USA