2003 Chevrolet Venture fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chevrolet Venture:

2003 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Feb 012016

My gas tank is leaking

- Mattoon, IL, USA

Feb 012014

The contact owns a 2003 Chevrolet Venture. While inspecting the vehicle, the contact noticed a fuel leak from the inlet tube to the fuel tank. In addition, the contact noticed fuel vapors emitting from the underneath the front driver side of the vehicle and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact was aware of NHTSA campaign number: 07V349000 (fuel system, gasoline). The failure mileage was unknown. Updated 03/18/15

- Lavon, TX, USA

Sep 092014

Venture 6-cyl

On or around this date my vehicle started to leak fuel from the fuel tank inlet check valve weld.there appears to have been a recall/special coverage # 07203 for this problem dated 8/7/07.I am informed by GM that this expired last year"? I also realize that despite fairly low mileage my vehicle is 11 years old but it is in very good condition and currently registered and has passed safety inspection in MA. My question to you is how can something as dangerous as this have a expiration date?"

- Hingham, MA, USA

Apr 112013

Venture 6-cyl

About a week after I got my mini van the fuel gauge quit working, the ignition switch started staying on in the start position, and I've got a rattle in the engine that nobody can seem to find. All of my friend's have heard this sound in the engine, but the techs keep telling me it's normal.

- Conway Springs, KS, USA

Jun 122014

The fuel gauge floats all over the place you never know how much gas is in the van, and I can smell gas fumes real strong while sitting still and some times they are strong enough to smell while driving, was reading the recall list from GM on this 2003 Chevy Venture and I don't think my van has been recalled I am going to notify the dealership (mans Chrysler ) and see why they never told me about all the recalls before they sold me the van. This van may need the fuel tank replaced and the steering has this popping sound in the right front side may need to get that checked also according to the recalls I seen on here.

- Mckee, KY, USA

May 202013

The contact owns a 2003 Chevrolet Venture. The contact stated there were gas fumes outside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic who stated there was a fuel tank leak by the inlet of the gas intake. The vehicle was repaired. The failure was reported to the manufacturer, who referenced a recall NHTSA campaign id number 07V349000 (fuel system; gasoline), however the VIN was not included. The failure mileage was 160,000. The current mileage was 175,000.

- Taylorsville, MS, USA