2004 Chevrolet Venture steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Venture:

2004 Chevrolet Venture Owner Comments

Dec 122012

Venture 6-cyl

As I was turning into the parking lot of my child's school, the steering locked up on me. I couldn't turn the wheel for anything and thankfully was not going fast at the time or I wouldn't have been able to stop before having an accident with my children in the car. I turned the van on and off, waited and it still wouldn't work at all. It was after a few hours that I tried again and it worked at that time. I drove carefully home and have to take it in to the dealership to find out what is going on and have it fixed before we do have a major accident. There was no warning at all prior to this happening and we have had it serviced, checked, and all parts replaced as recommended. Oil changes done every 3,000 miles with full synthetic oil. All done at the dealership.

- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL, USA