1.9

2012 Chevrolet Volt seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chevrolet Volt:

2012 Chevrolet Volt Owner Comments

Jan 282016

Volt

My 2012 Chevrolet Volt started experiencing problems with the sensor that detects the weight of a individual in the seat. The problem has progressively gotten worse and began around 19,000 miles. It has gotten to a point where if I have a passenger in the car, the air bag warning light will come on after they exit the car. Several other owners in the Volt owners club and various other forums have experienced a similar issue. In my car the air bag warning light comes on when someone rides in the passanger seat and then gets of. The "service air bag" message will stay on untiil I turn of the car or push the seat cushion with my hand. The problem is that GM is not covering the cost on a car with less than 32,000 miles. Leaving customers with a bill of 800 dollars to fix a component that should last the lifetime of the car. As time progresses it seems to problem is becoming more common place and owners are stuck with the bill. The biggest problem is that the airbag may fail to deploy in the event of a crash.

- Anaheim, CA, USA

Apr 012016

Volt

2012 Volt charger has burned my outlet, and my melted it and it has been replaced twice. My seat belt buckle has broken.

- Richmond, TX, USA