2.9

2014 Chevrolet Volt miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Volt:

2014 Chevrolet Volt Owner Comments

Sep 052015

Volt

Saturday on 09/5/2015 around 12:00 noon while driving our 2014 Chevy Volt, while I was passenger, my wife who was driving the car suddenly noticed the car computer program has gone crazy and started throwing all kinds of errors starting with 1) program cluster error 2) ice may be possible 3) washer level low 4) some other kind sensor errors 5) battery level started showing zero ( it was full ) 6) fuel level was zero ( had over 1/2 tank fuel) 7) odometer indication had changed on its own to km from miles 8) no proper vehicle speed indication.9 ) suspension need adjustment etc all these errors kept repeating over and over while driving causing a big panic to driver and passenger (me) besides resulting in distracted driving. Both driver and passenger seat heating kicked in on its own. For a short period we were not sure whether the vehicle is moving under our control or not. On the center panel also the information system was showing all kinds of errors like, battery was showing empty, the ambient temp was showing - 27C although it was quote hot at that time and the miles had changed to L / km etc. Looks like all the units changed in the car to metric on its own. All the symptoms indications were similar to the video some one has already posted here at the below you tube link. www.youtube.com/watch?V=07zmnh5Z1go scariest part was our vehicle started doing while it was being driven it was like car losing its brain ( computer program getting corrupted ) while on road. This situation poses a big safety risk to people. Currently as of today 09/09/2015 vehicle is still at dealership and yet to be fixed and handed over back to us. I have already called General Motors customer service and expressed the safety concerns, besides they expect me to pay in part to fix this. I can provide NHTSA my case number that GM representative gave me.

- Hickory, NC, USA