2008 Chrysler Aspen drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Aspen:

2008 Chrysler Aspen Owner Comments

Feb 152015

Aspen

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Aspen. While driving approximately 30 mph, the vehicle stalled and the traction control warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the drive train needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 75,000.

- Kingwood, TX, USA

May 212015

Aspen

First I must start out by saying this vehicle has been a nightmare since buying from a dealership who has refused to correct any of the problems in any fashion mainly because they're not a Chrysler dealership. The day after we bought the vehicle the vehicle stalled on us due to a dead battery. Not a big deal, but it was only the beginning to a wide range of problems. While taking the truck for a required state inspection, the truck somehow managed to roll forward from a parked position when reverse had been selected. It was parked on an incline no more than a 10 degree angle and ended up rolling/crashing into the curb. I immediately contacted the dealership to voice my concern/anger and they agreed to look into the problem but to no avail. Not long afterwards we had some heavy rain I believe the following week and we realized the roof was leaking along the passenger side pillar right into the vents. This I believed led to some electrical issues with the radio as my wife said if often "flickered" and "cut in and out". this was also brought to the dealerships attention and again nothing was done; however they did clean the drains which they said caused the leaking. I had also voiced my concerns to Chrysler and was basically told until they have enough documented issues, nothing can be done. Now, my wife and I hadn't filled this truck up to this point as yet, but the first time we did the gas overflowed and gushed out of the vehicle spilling everywhere. I initially thought the pump nozzle was faulty but after the second time at a different gas station I was convinced the problematic vehicle was to blame. I went online and did my own research and here's what I found: www.safetyresearch.net/blog/articles/fuel-spit-back-continues-plague-Chrysler-vehicles-owners-hook. my wife and kids travel in this vehicle and all I want is peace of mind to know they're safe in it. Updated 9/15/15

- Bel Air, MD, USA

Sep 132014

Aspen 8-cyl

Rear pinion nut backed off causing lost of fluid from the differential to leaked out. Talked to Chrysler and they said this model was not on the recall list even though the description fits to the letter on what has happen on those covered on the recall. Had to get repairs done at pep boys since no dealerships are open on Sunday or Saturday afternoon. Replaced pinion seal and add fluid to differential, torque nut. Is this going to happen again after 50,000 miles or other people.

- Suffolk, VA, USA