1.9

2008 Chrysler Aspen fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Aspen:

2008 Chrysler Aspen Owner Comments

Jul 312016

Aspen

While drive the vehicle it jerked forward and then stalled loosing power almost causing me to hit the vehicle in front of me and the vehicle in back of me had to swerve in order to avoid hitting my vehicle. The vehicle started up and I proceed to work. After, vehicle would not start, had to be towed 32 miles. Then vehicle to to a chysler dealership after I was notified the feul pump was faulty and had to be replace.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Jun 182016

Aspen

If the fuel tank is filled completely fuel will gush out after the gas station fuel pump stops filling. This occurs at all gas sations.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Dec 022014

Aspen

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Aspen. While refueling the vehicle, fuel spewed out of the filler neck and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 63,000.

- Chester, NY, USA

Apr 062015

Aspen

The contact owns a 2008 Chrysler Aspen. While driving at various speeds, the contact noticed strong fuel fumes emitting from the vehicle. In addition, the contact stated that the engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the fuel tank needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact stated that the check engine warning light had previously illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the detector, valve lin and the seal vapor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 117,000.

- Newnan, GA, USA

Apr 302015

Aspen 8-cyl

The problem started off with everytime I pump gas and fill the tank, as soon as you remove the pump the gas spews out all over the place. This happened several times at several different gas stations. Suddenly on April 30, 2015 the truck died and would not start. It will cut on and attempt to start but would not stay on. I had the vehicle towed to the dealership and was told that the fuel pump is bad. Funny thing you can't seem to find the fuel pump almost anywhere!!! the Chrysler manufacturer and mopar parts do not have this particular one needed in stock. This seems to be a problem with many of the Chrysler Aspen and the manufacturer should do a recall on this issue!!!

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Feb 032015

Aspen

My 2008 Chrysler Aspen has an issue with the fuel tank. When filling the tank, the pump will shut off and gas will come squirting out of tank. This has happened at many different pumps and different gas stations. It seems dangerous to have gas spilling out. It seems to be a common issue for Chrysler and should be addressed. I contacted Chrysler and was told there is no recall for this issue. Any service on gas tank would be customers cost. Not covered in warranty.

- Catasauqua, PA, USA

Nov 142014

Aspen 8-cyl

When I put fuel in my vehicle it stalls within 5 minutes. It does it once and then doesn't do it again until I fill up the next time. If I fill it before it gets below a half tank it doesn't seem to do it. The problem is I don't always remember to do that and I am worried that the next time it stalls I will be in the middle of an intersection. I have seen where other Chrysler with V8 hemi engines are covered under warranty but Chrysler told me that my vehicle is not. The same problem should be covered by the same extended warranty!

- Matthews, NC, USA

Jul 172013

Aspen

Gas spews out of the tank when filling up. It spews up to 1/2 gallon of gas everywhere. It seems to have a defect with air flow.

- Sulphur, LA, USA