1.6

2008 Chrysler Aspen seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler Aspen:

2008 Chrysler Aspen Owner Comments

Jan 202015

Aspen

Hello, I am the owner of a 2008 Aspen. I recently took the vehicle to a safety car seat checkpoint and was recommended to contact you by the officer concerning the seat belts. They don't lock when pulled all the way out like other vehicles (I.e. notable resistance when trying to secure a car seat in place). I have also noticed this when switching car seats in a durango that my brother owns. I know the belts lock upon braking the vehicle. Also, I have had an issue where the vehicle has shut off, and I have lost power steering and all electrical control after topping off at a gas station. We promptly took it to the local dealer who did a computer update but it continues to happen anytime we top off with gas. As long as we don't overfill above the first click of the gas handle, the vehicle doesn't cut off spontaneously while driving. My husband has visited forums online where this has been as issue for other owners. Fortunately, I was in a neighborhood two miles down the road when it cut off with me and my children so was able to coast to a stop. However, I feel it is a big safety issue as it doesn't happen immediately and if I had been on a busy road could have potentially resulted in an accident as I had no control of the vehicle.

- Martinez, GA, USA