2009 Chrysler Aspen fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler Aspen:

2009 Chrysler Aspen Owner Comments

Apr 152016

I'm having several issues. First, I cant fill my gas tank up all the way, if I do my truck will shut off at any given time. Also my dash board lights don't work. I was told the bulb is sautered to the dash and the whole dash has to be replaced, that's $1300! currently, my major issue is, my truck not starting!!! I have replaced, the starter, the battery, the battery cables, and recently the alternator! I often need to get a jump and it usually turns over and will run for a day or two before needing a jump again! I have read reviews about this vehicle, and soo many of us are having the same issue. I think Chrysler should do a recall concerning this matter and keep a good quality standard rating with the people that trust in their name!

- Gautier, MS, USA

Apr 172014

I currently own a 2009 Chrysler Aspen hybrid. Today while fueling my vehicle I experienced the same problem I have been having since I purchased the vehicle about 3 weeks ago. As I am fueling the fuel trigger shuts off on me constantly. As I take it out to reinsert it, it spits out fuel at me. Once I am done fueling and proceed to cap the tank it spits fuel at me as well. Today I was drenched in fuel because as I began fueling my vehicle which had an empty tank it started to spit fuel back at me. This is not only hazardous to the environment but it?S also a personal safety hazard. I had to return home to change because my pants where covered in fuel. As I started to look for facts I noticed that I am not alone. Apparently this is a common issue amongst the durango/Aspen models but nothing has been done. I ask you to please look into this issue. Today no one was injured or hurt but if I were to go anywhere after fueling and be exposed to any open flame I can almost assure you that my clothing would have caught on fire all due to a malfunction on these vehicles. I have included below four of a few links that have other individuals whom have or are experiencing the same issue. Please advice.

- Eureka, CA, USA