2009 Chrysler Aspen fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler Aspen:

2009 Chrysler Aspen Owner Comments

Mar 302014

I just purchased the vehicle from the dealer and as I am fueling it for the first time fuel burped up and spilled all along the side. The fuel came pouring out of the tank and spilled over the side of the vehicle into the ground. This emitted a strong gas odor and at the same time produced a spill all around. I stopped fueling the vehicle, however I noticed that I was only able to fill about 3/4 of my tank. I have found many other comments and even videos on you tube of other durango /Aspen drivers having the same issue. Please advise.

- Eureka, CA, USA

Feb 072014

Aspen 8-cyl

The fuel spits back when tank is full and spills out on car and on floor. This has happened on multiple occasions. I called Chrysler as it is a known problem and they advised it will not be covered under extended warrant or a recall.

- Farmingville , NY, USA