8.0

1998 Chrysler Cirrus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chrysler Cirrus:

1998 Chrysler Cirrus Owner Comments

Mar 092012

Cirrus LXI V6

click to see larger images

engine stalls when slowing down

The damn fuel keeps getting cut off when coming to a stop light. While cruising, no problem, EGR code comes on. I haven't been able to figure it out, but when i let the car cool down, the car starts again. I replaced the fuel pump, no luck. But I'm tired of being stranded at stop lights waiting 20 minutes at a time to go somewhere. Something is getting over heated and causing the car to cut the f*ckin fuel to the car. There has to be some way to fix this sh*t! I've been a tech 20 yrs and even "I"can not understand it.................... ANY SUGGESTIONS?

- , Winston Salem, NC, USA

Aug 012007

Cirrus LX V6

My 1998 Cirrus started stalling and completely stopping anytime I slowed down....parking lots, traffic lights...next thing I knew, it would completely stall out even when I slowed down to go around a corner, which was really dangerous. I had it to the mechanic repeatedly. We changed the points and plugs, replaced the fuel pump, got a new distributor....you name it. Over $1000 later, it was still doing the exact same thing. I finally gave it away and got a 2000 Toyota which has not given me one moment of trouble. I'm totally sold on Japanese cars and won't own another American-made car, even if someone gives me one.

- , Centerburg, OH, USA