6.0

1. fixed leak in evaporator coil (1 reports)
  2. replaced evaporator 3 times over 7 years (1 reports)
1995 Chrysler Concorde AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 Chrysler Concorde:

1995 Chrysler Concorde Owner Comments

Aug 082007

Concorde 3.3L V6

A/C evaporator failed 3 times over 7 years, but Chrysler covered all costs within their 7 yr extension of warranty on this part.

- , Halifax, NS, Canada

Sep 042003

Concorde

In 1996 I brought this car in for air conditioner service. There were vapors coming into the passenger compartment through the dash vents and then no cool air. I was told that the freon was empty, and was replaced. Several months went by and the vapor thing started again. Chrysler said it was caused by high humidify. After a few more months of this we had no cool air at all. And had to have it recharged again ($114) each time. In June of this year we started with the vapors again. And again had to have it recharged. It lasted only two months. This time I had the mechanic check the evaporator coil and he found a leak under the car. Now the car has 80,000 miles and the warranty has expired. My position is that if the unit was inspected properly back in 1996 this would have been repaired under the extended warranty. Since owning a chrysler product I have come to realize that all major repairs are done on a temporary basis. And when the warranty runs out they want big bucks to replace parts. I have told this to the head mechanic at Myrtle Beach Chrysler in S.C. He said he would check with his higher-up and get back to me. We are still waiting for an answer from Chrysler to see if they will honor the extended warranty. I think I may need a shovel to use on their answer. Chrysler should admit their mistake and honor the warranty.

- , Conway, SC, USA