9.5

1. replace crank sensor (2 reports)
  3. replace motor (1 reports)
1998 Chrysler Concorde engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chrysler Concorde:

1998 Chrysler Concorde Owner Comments

Dec 082011

Concorde LX 3.2L V6

My 1998 Concorde will stall at any given time! It will stall at highway speeds, idle, or parked and it is intermittent. The only error code I get is that the power has been disconnected. It has gotten so bad that it has caused the transmission to fail! Before fixing the transmission I need to get rid of the stalling problem, and thanks to this darn economy, selling the car is not an option. Please help if anyone has found a fix... :(

- , San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Jun 072010

Concorde LX 2.7L

I'm really disappointed this happend to me because this is my first car! I just bought this car about 3 weeks ago not even that. All of the sudden my car gets hot really quickly and all the radiator fluid comes out then the oil started leaking and yesterday the car just started shutting off when i got off of the freeway. So i took it to an auto repair shop and apparently i need a new motor and possibly a water pump, timing belt and some other random things to it now. i'm really suprised to see that this is a common problem with this make and year of car. I don't know what to do now because i was told that my car isn't worth anything anymore

- , Seattle, WA, USA

Dec 092009

Concorde ES 2.7L

Not sure which section this falls under but the crank sensor on this car has gone 4 times on me. All of those times where when I was actually driving, once at 60KM/H, twice doing 50KM/H and forth time was going down the road at 80KM/H. Problem for me is when this happens you have NO controls available to you, no steering , no electrical, NOTHING! Only thing to do is keep rreplacing the sensor and wait till it happens again because it will

- , Windsor, ONT, Canada

Mar 062006

Concorde ES 2.7L

The very next day after buying this car used with only 78,000KM on it , the damn car crapped out WHILE driving. I had it towed to a garage and the mechanic replaced the fuel pump, not the problem, he then replaced the crank sensor AHH, solution, great, NOT!! Replacing the crank sensor will get you back on the road again but don't go too far because it will only happen again and again and again until the car finally dies on you because the engine (2.7) will seize up on you leaving you feeling helpless and pissed that you bought a LEMON.

The crank sensor has gone four times on me ,every flippin time while I'm driving, you'll know it's the crank sensor because when it goes you have no warning, your car just looses all power, no steering, no electrical , NOTHING!! You are basically trying to move a piece of junk car out of the way of traffic so as to not get killed, try doing this without power! Fred Flintstone had a better car then this piece of worthless crap Chrysler!!!

Oh yah by the way, the car is now sitting on the road because it started a whole new whack of crap and replacing the crank sensor,cam sensor, fuel pump ,pcv valve and a new computer have done nothing to get this car rolling (hopefully down a steep embankment) but yet the diagnostics still is saying crank sensor code. Maybe somebody has hacked into my car's computer and they are just messing with me, one could hope that's all it is.

- , Windsor, ONT, Canada