1. replace cam shaft sensor (1 reports)
  2. replace water outlet housing (1 reports)
2003 Chrysler Concorde engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chrysler Concorde:

2003 Chrysler Concorde Owner Comments

Jun 152012

cam shaft sensor goes bad causing car to die

I was driving down the road after midnight as I worked the late shift and the car, without warning, just died. With my momentum I was able to barely get it into a nearby parking lot. After that I discovered that it would turn over, so I was able to get it into a parking space. However, it died within moments of me turning the car back on. The next morning I had the car towed to a local Firestone whom I have always trusted with my vehicle. They advised me of the problem and advised me that it is a common problem for the Chrysler Concorde. Glad it didn't cut out on the interstate that runs through my city, those people don't slow down for anything.

- , Des Moines, IA, USA

Apr 172008

Concorde LX 2.7L

My oil jackets also became clogged. Engine Sludge at 78,000 miles seems to be a common problem, from what I am hearing. Not only from people here, but several mechanics I have talked to. If you want to save money DO NOT buy a Chrysler. The way they are designed you will pay a lot of money for unnecessary maintenance.

Take a look at the Water outlet housing or the oil pump.

The water outlet housing has been design so you can not just replace it, You have to replace the tube that comes with it. To replace the tube you have to pull the intake and a head. This all for a 4 bolt component. The oil pump, you have to remove the timing chain and cam sprocket, for 2 bolts. I believe, this is because Chrysler is such a poor product, the money loss is made up for in dealership maintenance.

- , Kailua, HI, USA