2004 Chrysler Crossfire engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chrysler Crossfire:

2004 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments

Aug 032015

• CVT transmission

Driving down the road and my crossfire engine shut off – again! I spent $260 for Shelor Motor Mile to tell me that they could not find out what was wrong with my crossfire. This happened 3 more times over the next 4 months. VERY DANGEROUS

Nov 052014

• CVT transmission

Slowing down for a stoplight and the crossfire engine simply stopped running. I ran another vehicle off the road and got to the shoulder. It would not start again for 45 minutes.

Jan 222016

• CVT transmission

I was driving 70 mph on I81 when my 2010 Chrysler Crossfire simply stopped running. I was beside a truck with one in front and 3 behind. Barely made it to the side of the road and caused a lot of braking and honking. The 4th time this has happened, and was extremely dangerous.... Amazed that I made it out alive.

May 152015

Crossfire V6

One day I was driving doing the freeway doing about 70MPH when all of a sudden the engine died, I had to quickly cut across all lanes to exit the freeway as the speed limit on the free I-20 in Dallas, TX is 70MPH and anyone stopped or stalled on freeways with people driving that fast life is at high risk. After exiting the freeway I came to a light and set there for about 5-10 Minutes as I repeatedly tried to start the car. Then after about 10 minutes the car just started back up. This has happened 4 or 5 times since then, This is life threatening and needs to be looked into ASAP, as these cars cut off in the middle of driving at high speeds.

- , Dallas, TX, USA