CarComplaints.com Notes: The Chrysler Crossfire has a nasty habit of having the back window fall out. While there are reports of this happening to every model year (2004-08), the 2005 has it worst. Naturally this problem tends to happen beyond the standard 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty leaving owners to pick up the tab along with the shattered pieces of glass.

2.9

2005 Chrysler Crossfire body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire:

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Oct 192012

Crossfire 6-cyl

The rear window is separating for the convertible top..reading on line it seems to be a very common problem with this year vehicle. I called Chrysler like many other people and they are not will to do anything to correct the problem..again many, many people are have the exact issue with the car and Chrysler is no help.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Sep 052012

Crossfire 6-cyl

The rear adhesive on my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire roadsters rear window, that holds it to the soft top convertible, has begun to detach. I have called Chrysler about the issue and they explained that my vehicle was not covered by the warranty and they will not assist. This is a huge safety concern for me because the window could detach while driving and possibly cause harm and/or death to other drivers on the roadway. I found a service bulletin on the issue with a bulletin # sb-23035-11reva that recommends that the convertible top be inspected and/or replaced if defective. Chrysler is not helping at all with this serious safety issue to help me fix it and make my vehicle safe for myself, and the others around me. I am a member of crossfireforum.org and there are many other people with this issue that have either gotten it replaced by Chrysler for free, or paid a co-pay to help them fix the problem, but I was offered neither for this extremely unsafe issue my vehicle has. Please help me in any way that you can.

- Richlands, NC, USA

Oct 022012

Crossfire 6-cyl

While driving at 15mph, I heard a rattle and noticed that the rear window had detached on three sides. This is a known safety issue to Chrysler and has been addressed by a tsb. However, this tsb is limited to only certain states. When I purchased my, I was not informed of its origin. My car was originally sold in a state not covered by the extended warranty included in the tsb dated 9/8/11. However, I bought and have driven the car in a state which is included in the extended warranty. I have owned the car for six years and it was one year old when purchased. All of the crossfires made in this year were made in germany. Chrysler has declined to honor the X31 extended warranty included in the 2011 tsb in my case. I do not understand how Chrysler can refuse to correct a known safety issue. I feel Chrysler should be ordered to recall all 2005 crossfire roadsters. I am asking the NHTSA to order such a recall.

- Rome, GA, USA

May 012012

Crossfire 6-cyl

The rear glass of my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire convertable detached from the top and fell out suddenly at 65 mph. The only thing that saved it from causing possible injuries was the rear glass heater wiring. The car is garaged and only driven maybe one day a week.

- Loganville, GA, USA

May 072012

Crossfire 6-cyl

The back window of the convertible is coming unglued.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 162011

Crossfire 6-cyl

When traveling down the highway I noticed that the glass rear window on my convertible 2005 Chrysler Crossfire roadster had become partially ( only 6 inches where attached at top of glass ) unattached from the canvas top and was hitting against the body when I would hit a bump. When I got home I did an internet search about how to fix it, and found that this is a common problem with the Crossfire rear window of this model year. I called the dealer at that time and they said it was not covered. I had the window glued back but it has sense delaminated again. Now I see Chrysler may have been planning this fix for some time?

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jun 202012

Crossfire 6-cyl

Rear window on my rag top has come unglued have read were a lot of other Crossfires rag tops have the same problem. This is a defect that Chrysler needs to fix at no cost.

- Manchester, TN, USA

May 092012

Crossfire 6-cyl

The rear window started to fall out of the convertible top. This has a know problem by Chrysler and they have a service bulletin on (23-035-11) on cars sent to certain southern states but mine was from Virginia and the are saying it is not covered. This appears to happen on all Chrysler crossfire convertibles, there is a glue defect on all these crossfires and the heat from the southern states expedites the delamination. It gets just as hot in Virginia. If a car was shipped to North Carolina for a day then driven else were it would be covered, they recall makes know sense. This is a know defect by Chrysler on all the 2005 convertibles, they were all made in the same place. This is a dangerous condition to everyone and Chrysler needs to replace all these tops on the 2005 Chrysler crossfire convertibles and/or extend the recall/bulletin to all the 2005 Chrysler convertibles before someone gets unnecessarily killed.

- Kensington, CT, USA

Apr 182012

Crossfire 6-cyl

Rear window is separating from convertible top. Could fall out. Chrysler is aware of this problem and is repairing some but not all due to the state it was delivered to. I want it to be on record that they were informed of this safety problem.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Mar 312012

Crossfire 6-cyl

While parked in my driveway, the rear glass separated from the convertible top on the left, right and bottom. The glue used to bind the two together seems to have failed. After researching the problem the internet, it appears that this is a common problem to this model/year car.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Mar 012012

Crossfire 6-cyl

The door pull handle on the interior of the Crossfire are sheathed in thin metal with a seam on the back side facing the door panel. This seam has separated (become exposed) and when closing the door, sliced my middle finger very deeply, causing a great deal of pain and bleeding.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Oct 142011

Crossfire

The rear window has separated from the canvas top and may fall out while driving. This will be a serious and costly safety issue.

- Lakewood, CA, USA

Sep 092011

Crossfire 6-cyl

While sitting parked in my driveway on a hot summer day the back glass of my convertible top became separated from the fabric of the top as a result of adhesive failure. Had this occurred while driving personal injury would have resulted.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 032011

Crossfire 6-cyl

Back window falling out from poor adhesive to fabric top. Chrysler has a service bulletin out on these vehices, but only in certain states. This is a manufactures defect and the car maker should be accountable. This is very dangerous to others behind when the back window separates from the vehicle.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Sep 062011

Crossfire 6-cyl

The back glass adhesive on the convertible soft top on my 2005 Chrysler Crossfire roadster has begun to fail, causing the glass to separate from the fabric top. This adhesive is the only support for the window to the fabric top. The window/top connection currently does not provide a waterproof seal and allows water to enter the vehicle. Recently, the deterioration has accelerated and soon could present as a safety hazard when the adhesive fails completely and the glass falls out on a roadway.

- Moore, OK, USA

Aug 272011

Crossfire

2005 Chrysler Crossfire roadster: Rear glass window in convertible top separated from fabric. Although the window has not yet fallen out completely, research on internet indicates that this is an extremely common problem in crossfires and the problem will progress until the window falls out completely. If this window were to fall out while traveling at highway speeds not only could it startle the driver to the point of losing control of the vehicle but could injure or kill anyone following or near the vehicle. This is a known defect by Chrysler and serious safety hazard which they have ignored for years.

- Chester, MD, USA

May 012011

Crossfire 6-cyl

On my 2005 crossfire, the rear window separated from roof and now the roof won't retract with a rapid blinking red light on the roof switch and for some reason it constantly run my battery down. This car only has 32,000 miles on it. No help from Chrysler or insurance, will never buy another Chrysler again and will discourage anyone I know from purchasing one. New orleans, la.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Jul 052011

Crossfire 4-cyl

2 days ago, it was hott here in vegas, my car is garage kept but had to park outside. When I returned to my car after about an hour, the black glass in the convertible top just fell out. It is unsafe to drive like this but I have no choice as the tops are on backorder and I am not sure if I will ever get one. I currently have to big blankets on the deck holding it in place as part of the seal is holding, but this will not last long.

- Henderson, NV, USA

May 012011

Crossfire

The contact owns a 2005 Chrysler cross fire. The contact stated that the rear window adhesive was fracturing and caused the glass window to fall out. While the convertible top was being opened, the motor failed which caused the top to only open partially. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated there were no recalls and that the entire convertible top would need replacing. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 79,260.

- Cameron, NC, USA

Sep 202010

Crossfire

The car is a 2005 Chrysler srt-6 roadster. The rear window (glass) has delaminated from the cloth top and came loose while driving down the interstate. The only thing that kept the glass from coming out of the car was the spade connectors connecting to the defroster. If this had fallen out and hit a vehicle following me or flew forward striking the driver or passenger could have resulted in an accident or major injuries.

- New Orleans, LA, USA