CarComplaints.com Notes: The Chrysler Crossfire has a nasty habit of having the back window fall out. While there are reports of this happening to every model year (2004-08), the 2005 has it worst. Naturally this problem tends to happen beyond the standard 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty leaving owners to pick up the tab along with the shattered pieces of glass.

2.5

2005 Chrysler Crossfire brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler Crossfire:

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments

Mar 232015

Crossfire

On my way to work having just passed several cars, traveling @70+ miles/hr. On the interstate, I noticed wobbling & the loss of control & immediately moved to the right lane & steered towards the right shoulder of the highway, thanking god for no accident. I put the gear in~park~turned the ignition switch off & checked the exterior to notice my newly purchased rear passenger tire was prematurely blown(recently purchased tires). I called a tow truck(2nd time this March month because it wouldn't crank in my driveway): Upon their interstate arrival, I learned that the electronic control system/engine had shutdown with an 'inability to put the car in neutral gear or any gear in order for them to tow it. This is the 3rd time the engine has locked like this. The car has been in the shop for 8(eight) months now since March 23, 2015 & the Chrysler mechanics are in 'awe' as it seems to be irrepairable. I have been without transportation since March, 2015. Chrysler company, please help me with this dangerous problem: I & others could have been killed on the interstate & I have been towed three times because the electronic stability shutdown, but this has been the longest & worst. In the past, I have had the hood-ceiling, ignition switch replaced & before this, I was about to have the silver outside window borders replaced. There has to be a recall on this electronic system just shutting down while I am in the midst of driving as this being the 3rd time shutting down & I do have a new battery, therefore that is not the problem. Help! help! help! [note: Crossfire in shop 8+ months/ I am without my car! please let me hear from you concerning this serious & dangerous matter! it is the mercy of god that there was no accident during the rush/work morning traffic on the interstate, Monday, March 23, 2015. Help! please!

- Lumberton, NC, USA

Dec 072014

Crossfire 6-cyl

The vehicle stopped running, check engine light came on, the air condition hesitate to come on and the tire senure light stays on.

- Bham, AL, USA

Feb 112014

Crossfire 6-cyl

Thia car's problem may be withthe ignition. Sometime's it just will not start. We put a new battery in it only to find that the battery was not the problem. It has been to repair three times. They did a thorough check and found nothing wrong each time. The first time the car had to be towed. They said they did not experience the problem when they had the car. It wasdriven back home. Another time the car just stopped on the highway (at 35mph) downtown atlanta in heavy traffic. I'm afraid to drive it because it may either stop or just not start.

- Atlanta, GA, USA