2007 Chrysler Crossfire accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Crossfire:

2007 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments

Jun 152016

While driving I heard a bang in the back and sudden change of air in the cabin - rear window in my 2007 roadster separated from the top and fell inside - the only thing that prevented it from hitting me in the head was the electric wire (defroster) that window is attached to. I had to go below speed limit to make it home safely. Chrysler dealership said there was nothing they can do and it would cost over $1,500 to get it replaced, but tops are on back order right now and it will take several weeks to get it in. After research - seems unfair that a known problem that all owners of this car face was not addressed by the company.

- Columbia, MD, USA

Jul 172016

I have a 2007 Chrysler crossfire convertable. I walked out today in my driveway to find my rear glass window on my car has detached from the top. Had this happened while driving im sure I could have caused a serious accident. I called Chrysler at 800-247-9753 and gave them my VIN number after going online and seeing many people with 2005 thru 2008 Chrysler crossfires rear window detached. They explained to me that th 10 year 100,000 extended warranty for rear glass on Chrysler convertables does not apply to my VIN number. That is unacceptable they are aware of many complaints for the same problem. They obviously know this is a known defect. Are they waiting to cause an accident where there is loss of life? please help

- Carrollton, VA, USA

Jul 082016

Glue failed on rear window glued to convertible canvas top. Vehicle was stationary.

- Picayune, MS, USA

Nov 152012

While parked in my garage the rear window on my 2007 convertible crossfire began to separate from the top. Chrysler told me I had to take it to an upholstery shop with would cost me $750 - $1400 for a new top. I used 3M window weld and it held for a while but then began to separate again. This is the third time it has started to separate. I was told that a new top would last 1-2 years for of course $1400. I still see no recall for this defect. The problem started in 2012.

- Huffman, TX, USA

Jun 222015

The rear window is slowly but surely separating from the convertible top.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

May 162015

While parked, the rear convertible top glass window separated from the from the fabric and is hanging down-- obstructing rear vision, preventing top operation, and making the car not weather tight.

- Montpelier , VA, USA

Nov 122014

Crossfire 6-cyl

I'm "copying/pasting" someone else's words as they have described exactly what I'm experiencing! I bought this vehicle in September, 2013 and have just now experienced the following problem. I've also done an online search & came across this site w/other complaints filed! I will keep looking for other sites to file the same complaint until something is done! "I own a 2007 Chrysler Crossfire roadster (convertible). The glass in the rear window is separating from the canvas top. The top has no signs of damage in any other area. The dealer is telling me that it now needs a new top at a cost in excess of $2,000. After doing research, I discovered that this is a very common problem and appears to be a manufacturing defect in the adhesive used to connect the two pieces. There were apparently many complaints about the 2005 version of this car, so Chrysler has extended the warranty to 100,000 miles...and covered the replacement of the tops on those cars. For some reason they are refusing to do so on the 2007 model. I can see online that many people have this same problem with this car but perhaps enough complaints have not been filed. Please document my claim in the hopes that Chrysler will stand by their product and repair this defective roof. The car is in otherwise perfect shape and is diligently taken care garaged kept."

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

Jun 012014

Crossfire 6-cyl

While driving down the road I noticed a lot of road noise coming from the rear area and found that the rear window glass was coming detached from the top fabrick. Over the next two weeks the window and almost completely come apart from the top. I have found that Chrysler has offered through their tsb-23035-11 reva service bulletin to cover this problem on 2005 models up to ten years or 100,000 miles. My problem is identical to the 2005 and I only have about 57,000 miles on the vehicle but their customer satisfaction center only refered me to the dealer who has stated that the top needs to be replaced at a cost of $1650 to me with no assistance from Chrysler. The top is in excellent condition and it is unrealistic that this should be anything but a manufaturing defect. I have seen on the internet that many other Crossfire owners have the same issue as I have.

- Seneca, SC, USA

May 232013

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Crossfire. The contact stated that while the vehicle was parked in a residential garage, the rear of the sun roof window became fractured. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection but was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 35,000.

- Orlando , FL, USA

Jun 012012

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler Crossfire roadster. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the rear windshield detached from the convertible top. The vehicle was in the process of being taken to have the failure diagnosed. The contact stated that the glue which held the windshield in place caused the failure. The manufacturer was notified and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was 95,002.

- West Palm Beach, FL, USA