3.3

2007 Chrysler Crossfire body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler Crossfire:

2007 Chrysler Crossfire Owner Comments

Jul 222016

Crossfire

I have a 2007 Chrysler crossfire convertable. As I was driving I noticed a weird change of noise, I soon realized that the rear window was 75% detached and flopping around held by the defroster connection! I was able to safely come to a stop before it flew out or shattered. Chrysler explained to me that the 10 year 100,000 extended warranty for rear glass on Chrysler convertables does not apply to my VIN number" how can it apply to some and not all???? that is unacceptable there are many complaints for the same problem. They obviously know this is a known defect. Are they waiting to cause an accident where there is loss of life" please help

- Manassas, VA, USA

Jul 092014

Crossfire

I own two crossfire convertibles; a 2005 and 2007. In 2010 my glass fell out of my rear top in the 2005 crossfire at the airport. When I got back it had fallen completely out except for the cord connecting the defogger. This damaged a computer part which cost over $1000 in the truck from water. Anyway in July of 2014 the exact same thing happened to my 2007 crossfire convertible. Over a period of a few days the rear glass just fell completely out. The glue just gave way. ( what einstein thought any glue would hold a heavy plate glass window to canvas anyway). Both of theses cars have been only garage kept. Anyhow I took the car to Chrysler and they told me I would have to pay $2540 to get a new top even though I had the extended bumper to bumper insurance protection. The plan apparently did not cover the top because it was considered upholstery. I proceeded to tell them the exact same thing happened to the 2005. Well behold to my delight there was so many complains on the 2005 top Chrysler had put an extension of the warranty to 100,000 or 10 years. The 2005 had only 40,000 miles put I had purchased in July of 2004 so I had just under a month left under the extended warranty. So by complaining about the 2007 I got a new top on the 2005. Course no one at Chrysler would have let me know, I found out only by chance. A reliable company would have sent out a written notice. I also find out that the 2007 has no such 100,000 extended warranty so I have been driving a car without a proper rear window because I am still waiting for Chrysler to fix the obvious manufacture defect. Why would they fix the 2005 and not the 2007 which is two years newer with the exact same problems ? my family have owned nearly a dozen Chrysler over the years but I think the problems with these windows may be enough to keep my from ever buying another. It is just poor business.

- Chapin, SC, USA

Jun 222015

Crossfire

The rear window is slowly but surely separating from the convertible top.

- Corpus Christi, TX, USA

May 162015

Crossfire

While parked, the rear convertible top glass window separated from the from the fabric and is hanging down-- obstructing rear vision, preventing top operation, and making the car not weather tight.

- Montpelier , VA, USA