2.7

2001 Chrysler LHS seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler LHS:

2001 Chrysler LHS Owner Comments

Oct 012014

LHS

I bought the car in 2005 and recently the airbag light has come on and remains on and I cannot get my horn to work. I also smell gas in the winter when starting the car (have been to several places to find a leak). Visibility wipers are not working properly.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Nov 102014

LHS 6-cyl

I was backing out of my parking turning my squeaky steering wheel and the air bag light came on. I have almost had several accidents because then my horn stopped when the air bag light came on. So I checked the cruise control that don't work either now none of the buttons behind the steering wheel work. I did my research and it seems it's the clockscrew!! how do I get this part"??"

- Elk Grove Village, IL, USA

Oct 292012

LHS 6-cyl

The clockspring on this model is defective and needs to be replaced. After trying to order the part for repairs from numerous distributors and dealers, it was determined that Chrysler has not released an order to make and distribute the part! this is going on over 2 years for our vehicle and possibly longer for other owners of the same model. This part is vital to the safety of the driver, it's passengers and the operation of the vehicle, because it controls the airbag, turn signals and horn!!! the vehicle is unsafe in this condition and posses a possible risk to the driver and passengers in the event of an accident. Chrysler will not give us any information as to when they will release this part!

- Sicklerville, NJ, USA

Aug 032002

LHS

The air bag light comes on and stays on while consumer after the vehicle has been started.

- Maple Heights, OH, USA