1998 Chrysler Neon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Chrysler Neon:

1998 Chrysler Neon Owner Comments

May 032001

Neon CS

Just recently I have noticed a soft growling noise from the engine or somewhere, it only happens when I accelerate and when I take my foot off the pedal the noise stops also recently I noticed a squeeling noise coming from the engine this only happens in low gear like when I am taking off in first and second gear it's not very loud but it is there , it sounds like something is slipping, [ I have only heard these two noises in the last couple of weeks ] my three years warrenty runs out at the end of June this year , I hope that neons don't fall to bits at the end of 3 years.

- , Edinburgh, Lothian, Scotland