8.0

2001 Chrysler Neon transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Neon:

2001 Chrysler Neon Owner Comments

May 132010

Neon

I had my car toed to them and had the radiator replaced and they couldn't get it started again after that and didn't know why. The toeing was supposed to be free because it was within the 15 miles radius, but it wasn't. They charged 60 for it and wouldn't take that off the bill.

Then they try and fix the transmission because it was leaking and left all sorts of mess in the trans afterwards. I took it there 12/18/08 and it took them till 12/23/08 to fix the car all the while with horrible communication skills.

9,000 miles later my trans almost blew if I didn't catch it and take out all the substance that was left in it. I.E. gasket pieces cloggin the filter and metal shavings. By the way, the gasket for the filter was put on BACKWARDS!! That is the only reason it lasted so long though.... is all I can figure and so... thanks for messing that up?!?

All I had done was the radiator to be replaced and trans flush/filter/refill.... all costed $500!!!!!!!! Needless to say, these guys are a joke in accordance to professionalism and work ethics. DO NOT GO HERE

This was on an Automatic 2001 Plymouth Neon