2001 Chrysler Voyager electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Voyager:

2001 Chrysler Voyager Owner Comments

Apr 142009

I was driving down the road with my two children and my car stalled. Completely shut down, and I called my husband took the van to the dealership and they ran test on the computer and they said we needed a new PCM so we bought one and guess what it still does not work 6 months later. We took it to a mechanic near by and he said he thinks its the fuel pump but as much money as we have already spent I am scared to buy something else for this van and it not work. If you crank the car up you can only drive about 15 minutes and it will cut off for several hours and then you can drive again for another 15 minutes.

- Vanceboro, NC, USA

Dec 082008

The contact owns a 2001 Chrysler Voyager. While driving at an unknown speed, the speedometer lighting failed. The contact could not determine how fast he was driving. The vehicle has not been taken to the dealer and repaired. The manufacturer advised him to find out where the fuse box was located and offered no further assistance. The failure mileage was 45,000 and current mileage was 45,063.

- Tehachapi, CA, USA

Jun 022008

Dash panel indication of speed, turn signals will not turn on, airbag light comes on and off intermittently. Was told of clock spring malfunction covered by prior year recalls, but only service bulletin for 2001 Chrysler Voyager. Occurs a several times per week especially in mornings before vehicle is warmed up.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Oct 232004

Voyager 6-cyl

While driving 2001 Chrysler Voyager rpms dropped to zero, van suddenly stalls brakes or steering. Will not start up. Already had this happen once, and mechanic replaced fuel filter and fuel pump. Ran for one month, and it happened again. Towed it to same mechanic, started up after couple tries. Stalled out again. Very scary since I have 3 children, 2 under two years old. Cannot afford new vehicle, but also cannot afford monthly visit to mechanic. Searched several websites and found this a common problem, I cannot believe this has not been investigated yet! from what I'm finding, no mechanic has been able to thoroughly fix this recurrent problem.

- Amherst, NY, USA

Aug 302004

Voyager 4-cyl

My van was operating and serviced as normal. Suddenly one day there was a squealing noise nad the air conditioning would not work. I took it to park Jeep/Chrysler in burnsville, mn (952-808-2442) and was informed by kevin the service tech that the compresser had failed and that the repair would be over $700. I have not authorized the repair yet, but I seem to have no choice. He told me that even though there was a service bulletin, it would not be covered.

- Eagan, MN, USA

Nov 132003

Voyager 4WD 6-cyl

While driving at night, the headlights shut off for a short period of time and then came back on. This continued to happen while driving. The dealer made repairs to the electrical control module. The dealer was unable to duplicate the problem.

- Cape Girardeau, MO, USA