$1,900.00

2001 Chrysler Voyager transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler Voyager:

2001 Chrysler Voyager Owner Comments

Aug 172006

Voyager

We have a 2001 Chrysler Voyager since June 2001 (bought it brand new), so the warranty has expired, but it only has 35,000 miles on it. I was on my way home to Rochester from Syracuse and I had just stopped to pay a toll on the thruway (I-90). As I began to accelerate, I heard a horrible loud noise and the van stopped accelerating. The engine continued to run but it would not go anywhere, as if it was in neutral. I tried the low gears 1 and 2 and found the same thing. As it turns out I had to replace the enter transmission. When we called Chrysler (on hold for 45 minutes), since it had such low mileage for a transmission failure, they said they could not help us since we did not take it to a dealer. The cost through the dealership would've been from $2,000 - $3,000 (3 local dealerships). AAMCO fixed it for $1,900 - so why would I take it to the delearship? One dealer could not tell us how much it cost, since he needed "a motor size" ? I will never, ever purchase another Chrysler product again. And I will be sure to tell everyone I know not to either!

- , Rochester, NY, USA