Blown Engine

4.0

$7,000.00

1999 Daewoo Leganza engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Daewoo Leganza:

1999 Daewoo Leganza Owner Comments

Jun 272013

Leganza CDX 2.0L X20sed I4

This car was running quite okay until it started smoking. Made the mistake of putting cool water into a smoking radiator, causing engine block to crack. Drove it after that, but the smoking got worse, even getting into the cabin. But the worst was yet to come. The gas pedal went all the way to the floor. The car wasn't even going the speed limit (50 MPH). Instead, it was as slow as a 1935 Chevrolet Suburban with 80 horsepower. Finally stopped at a red light to let it rest. Unfortunately, when the light turned green, it jerked and stalled. I said to myself, "this thing's done with. Let's get out of this pile of crap." My family and I got out of the car. A man with a VW Jetta was nice enough to pull over and help my dad and I get it into a parking lot. We called my grandma, who came a few minutes later. She contacted a towing service to get it to the nearest Costco, but it didn't come until a half hour later. Got it towed to Van Nuys Costco. They said it was way too hot to be looked at, so we left it at the place overnight.

The next day, my dad and my grandma went to pick it up. As my grandma later stated, the car got so engulfed in white smoke that she couldn't see my dad. They both pulled over, and to much annoyance to my dad, the car's engine was pronounced blown. It was discovered to have a defective head gasket. He got it towed back. He told us that the car was no longer drivable.

A month later, we got the new 2013 Toyota RAV4 and sold the crappy 1999 Daewoo Leganza to a junkyard company.

- , Sherman Oaks, CA, USA