2013 Fiat 500 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Fiat 500:

2013 Fiat 500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 072016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Ft Wayne, IN, USA

Jun 302016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pine Hill, NJ, USA

Oct 202016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. While driving 35 mph, the gear shifter and clutch failed, and the contact had to use the emergency brake to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train). The part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Downey, CA, USA

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fairbanks, AK, USA

Jun 012016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Jul 112016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train); however, the remedy was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mission Hill, SD, USA

Sep 272016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train) however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced any failures. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Postdan, NY, USA

Sep 022016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. While driving 60 mph, the vehicle lost power and switched out of gear without warning. The vehicle would not accelerate beyond 15 mph on the highway. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 55,000.

- Danielsville, GA, USA

Aug 112016

500

I was driving on a 45 mph road when suddenly the clutch peddle fell to the floor, became extremely stiff and became unresponsive. The gear shifter stayed stuck in second gear and could not move. This was a narrow, windy road with no shoulder and significant elevation changes running through a densely wooded area of Pennsylvania. There was no where to pull over and other cars on the road. There is currently a recall for this clutch but the parts have not yet been manufactured. I have already had the clutch replaced once, so this new clutch also suddenly failed without warning and with no signs of the usual clutch wear and fatigue. Just sudden clutch failure while driving. The car has59000 miles on it and is only3 years old. Fiat expects me to pay in full to have the same defective clutch parts installed a third time. I can then apply for reimbursement for these known defective parts. I will then have to bring the car back for a fourth clutch when the new parts are available under tyre recall.

- Telford, PA, USA

Aug 242016

- Albany, NY, USA

500

Received recall notice in June, 2 months later and the dealership is still telling me that Fiat hasn't sent them the parts and there's nothing they can do. The recall is related to the clutch going out. The recall notice noted that this can cause an accident.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 012016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jul 292016

500

After contacting Chrysler Corp I am being told that there are no parts for my recall and that I should make the repair on my own utilizing the same defective parts that are on recall!!! I already had an accident on 7/29 when the car stalled in the middle of the street and when I attempted to push it out of harms way I fell hard on the concrete. To put in at my cost the same defective parts is putting my life in danger.

- Naples, FL, USA

Jul 292016

500

Fiat 500 stick shift recall I have contacted Chrysler corporate to inquire about my recall and they are stating that they have no parts. If I would like to pay for the repair I could then I could "battle it out" with Chrysler for reimbursement. I never received a recall letter. I only found out when I contacted the dealer. I was driving my car when the stick seized up and I couldnt shift my car and it left me stranded in the street. I pushed my car out of harms way and I ended up falling on the street when I lost control of the car pushing it. 2 police officers came to my aid. I contacted the dealer and they had it towed. Then I was advised that there were no parts available/. I have called Chrysler corporation but no one will address my complaint. I am without a car, a rental nothing. I was advised 3 times that a Fiat manager from corporate would call me. They have not. No one wants to assist me.

- Naples, FL, USA

Jun 012016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. While driving various speeds, the vehicle pulled to the left and right. The shifter gear failed to shift. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 13,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/22/16

- Spokane, WA, USA

Aug 022016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to shift in and out of gear. The vehicle was towed to a dealer, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train); however, the technician stated that the part was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 44,000.

- Vashon, WA, USA

Jul 012016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V302000 (power train) was received. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Burlingame, CA, USA

Jun 152016

500

The manual shifter is very difficult to engage in reverse, 1st and second gear. I was told by Fiat that the reverse gear is a quirk of the car and there is no solution. This 1 &2 shifting problem is intermittent and happens while driving in traffic from a complete stop. The dealership stated the gears were difficult due to the clutch and needed replacement. My car has 12,400 miles and the clutch was not covered and I paid for the replacement. I was shocked that my clutch needed replacement at 12,000 miles! I contacted the manufacture about the defect, but Fiat agreed that I had to pay for the replacement of the clutch. After the repair, the car has the same problem with the gears. I don't believe that clutch needed replacement, the car has a defect.

- Stanton, CA, USA

Jan 132016

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 30 mph, while depressing the clutch to slow down, the contact heard an abnormal sound and the gear failed to shift without warning. The contact maneuvered the vehicle to a parking area. The dealer was notified of the failure but the vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 59,000....updated 02/19/16

- Plainfield, CT, USA