2013 Fiat 500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Fiat 500:

2013 Fiat 500 Owner Comments

May 072014

500

My 2013 Fiat abarth was rear ended. I was stopped. The other driver, in a Grand Cherokee, rear ended me. His speed was approximately 20-30 mph. I was knocked unconscious briefly & had severe head pain. I am still undergoing treatment. None of my cars safety features worked, including the fuel pump shut off. I believe the seat hit me in the head. The abarth has unique, high backed seats with a fixed / integrated head rest with a hard, plastic insert. My seatbelts failed to tighten and the fuel pump failed to shut off. I worked for Chrysler Fiat at the time and did tell people in engineering about the concern. I suffered a concussion & now have constant, daily headaches and migraines.

- Rochester, MI, USA

Aug 042014

500

The contact owns a 2013 Fiat 500. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph on the highway, there was a rock or metal piece that hit the fuel tank. The fuel from the gas tank leaked out of the tank and onto the road. The vehicle was pulled over to the right. The vehicle was towed to a local dealership. The diagnosis on the vehicle was a faulty fuel tank. There were no repairs completed on the vehicle. The failure mileage was 22,000.

- Lancaster, CA, USA