2014 Fiat 500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Fiat 500:

2014 Fiat 500 Owner Comments

Nov 222015

I bought car on May 2014. After I used car for 2-3 months I have a problem about I couldn't start because of no battery power. I took to the shop and they said change the battery brand new. However, after I use car for 6-7 months it happened again that I couldn't start the car D/T no battery, the technician said to me that the computer drain the battery and they will adjust the computer system not to drain battery. After the 2nd time happen I drove for another 3-4 months I experience the smoke coming out from the front hood while I was driving. I brought to the shop and the technician couldn't find any problem. And as of today (11/22/15) it happen again that I couldn't start my car. My car monitor said the radiation fluid temperature is too high. I have to towed car to the shop. The shop called me said they couldn't find any problem the car is start normally. My current mileage of the car is 20,000. Im so lucky that still alive and I only bought car not even a good 2 years. I already have tremendous problem and Fiat companies didn't want to try to help me to resolved it at all.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jun 122014

500 4-cyl

I purchased the brand new vehicle June 8, 2014 with 98 miles on it from premiere Fiat of fremont. After only owning the car for 4 days, the check engine light came on June 12, 2014. It was towed to the neillo Fiat studio in sacramento where they first determined a broken relay to be the cause of the light. After test driving the car, the light still came on. Then they decided the problem was a broken O2 sensor. They ordered the part, and replaced it. The light still came on during a test drive. At this point, they now have had the car for over a week with litter idea of what is wrong with it. The last update I received was that they were waiting for a part to come in so they could test the power control module. There is no eta for this. I have been in contact with Chrysler in order to try to see what my options are, as this car now seems like a lemon and unsafe to drive. They are providing little assistance other than contacting the studio for updates and trying to deter me from asking for a trade. There does seem to be something very wrong with this brand new vehicle, which was purchased in good faith and only driven for 4 days.

- Dublin, CA, USA