NHTSA — Engine Problems

2.3

2003 Hummer H2 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hummer H2:

2003 Hummer H2 Owner Comments

Feb 012011

H2

Exhaust manifold bolts rusted off and the vehicle makes a ticking sound. I just observed a video explaining that this is a common problem. It also may cause other emissions related problems. Call me day or night for any further information. This vehicle has had nothing but problems and an unrelated engine fire due to the faulty windshield wiper motor in 2009.

- New Lenox, IL, USA

Oct 102013

H2 8-cyl

A parked Hummer H2 2003 was spontaneously combusted and destroyed. The SUV was driven that fateful day for about 15 minutes back and forth to a grocery store and parked in our driveway. Engine was off and key was out. About 10 minutes later, my daughter noticed the engine on fire and panicked. Called 911. Fire engine hosed the fire out in the next 1/2 hour but the SUV was charred and the front of the house damaged badly. We had kept the H2 well maintained and serviced it regularly. There were no mechanical or electrical issues otherwise. We are a non-smoking family. Very sad to see our pride and joy burnt to ashes. My family could have been badly hurt. Please investigate so others could be saved from the catastrophe we are going through.

- Kendall Park, NJ, USA