NHTSA — Steering Problems

2005 Hummer H2 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hummer H2:

2005 Hummer H2 Owner Comments

Apr 132013

H2 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Hummer H2. The contact stated that while driving approximately 65 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to maneuver. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnosis. The technician stated that the power steering cooler would have to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 37,000.

- Quakertown, PA, USA

Apr 072010

While driving the road curved to the left. I tried to follow road as it curved. I was able to turn the steering wheel but the wheels could not follow the turn. The Hummer went straight causing me to go into a ditch. The passenger front wheel flew off with the axel' please help me understand.

- Issaquah , WA, USA

Aug 012006

2005 Hummer H2 unable to steer on dry asphalt when at a standstill. Dealer replaced all steering components and it still cannot steer if at a standstill-like when you are trying to park it. I went to and a Hummer expert said the power steering is weak in many GM SUV's and cannot be corrected. I have checked with other owners, and half say they have the problem, and half do not. If you let the vehicle roll a little, then it can steer. But that makes it even harder to park. I decided to look at a new 2008 Hummer H2, but the one I liked could not steer at a standstill, they tried to sell me a different color, which could steer, but I did not like the color.

- Kailua, HI, USA