NHTSA — Engine And Engine Cooling Problems

9.8

2006 Hummer H2 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hummer H2:

2006 Hummer H2 Owner Comments

Sep 222006

H2

The air filter covers on my H2 get hot and start deforming "ripples" in the plastic. The plastic molding between them where the wipers go through deforming also. I have replaced 4 air filter covers in under 6,000 miles. And 1 wiper molding. I am not sure of the consequences. Hummer says it's no problem. I have 1 of the air filter covers that has failed in my possession. According to GM/Hummer there is no problem. They will just keep replacing them.

- Garner, IA, USA