NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems

2006 Hummer H3 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hummer H3:

2006 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Mar 092016

The facia on the top of the hood flew off while driving in motion on a street hit another car it was a recall that the dealer said had been fixed all they did was put glue on

- Sulphur Spring, TX, USA

Jun 012015

The contact owns a 2006 Hummer H3. While parked, the drain holes in the top of the vehicle allowed rain water to enter the interior of the vehicle on the passenger side. The contact stated that the water entering the vehicle caused the control panel to malfunction. The contact also stated that the key became stuck in the ignition. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure could not be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 109,013.

- Waynesville, NC, USA

Jan 192006

We have battling the problem of the sunroof leaking on our Hummer. There is drain tubes in the corners of the sunroof this water is supposed to go do these tubes then on the ground. How ever this is not the case. In most cases the water leaks down the pillars in the trucks dash compartment and soaks the carpet on both sides and the head liner. We have had it to the dealership on several accessions and they just say they were stop up but they just leak the next day like nothing has even been done. They charge 300 dollars to do this. I have the technician tell me that nothing he has done will fix this off the record..when the water is pouring in there is nothing you can do the onstar goes off and your lights on the inside go dim we have had the cpu short out due to water the blower controller both front speakers and behind the dash all the metal parts are covered in rust. When the electrical parts shorted out the wires were burnt and we were driving when this happened on one occasion and had to have it towed. We have tried everything taken it the dealership did not help. The truck is always damp inside. Then of course the smell of the carpets. I even have contacted GM and just said take to the dealership and they are gonna charge the same thing. I am scared for my wife and family to drive this truck. We will not even leave in the garage due the risk of fire. If you google this problem there is over 60K topics on this and forum after forum about it. And every is saying this. It is obvious that this is a design flaw and GM is not going to stand behind this. I think something should done about this before something very bad happens to someone in these trucks. I just want it fixed nothing else.

- Winston-Salem, NC, USA

Sep 152012

The contact owns a 2006 Hummer H3. The contact stated that the trailer hitch receiver fractured. The manufacturer was notified of the defective part and they informed the contact that the vehicle was no longer under warranty. The vehicle had not been repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 107,000.

- Rockburge Baths, VA, USA

May 082012

H3 5-cyl

This has actually happened several times. Water drainage for the sunroof system get clogged really easily and fast. Water will spill out from water tray and will run over the ceiling and fall through the roof mic (used for onstar), located directly above the driver's face. When driving and turning, water will move side ways and it will spill through the mic and sunroof window interior opening, soaking the driver while driving. Not safe at all. Drainage design is flaw, and it keeps clogging after fixing it.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 292010

On May 29 2010 I went to the store around afternoon and came back from the store I started my Hummer 2006 H3 the car started and I look at the indash and no light came on and I drive around the parking lot to see if the in dash light come on and I park the car and turn off my ignition and turn it back on still the same no light on my indash and I was scare to drive it out on the road because I don't see how fast I was running or the car might die out on me when im driving and I was thinking to myself this is very dangerous because this could cause an accident and I was mad I drove home and about 3 or 4 minute later the light came back on when I was driving and I was wonder what could cause this to happen or did my electric wire short circuit and my truck is 4 year old and barely driving it. So could you please investigate on this, because it happen to me it could happen to other Hummer H3 owner. So please act now so no one get hurt and to prevent from happening and last month my two door on the passenger side front and back has a squeaky noise everytime I open the front and back passenger it make to much noise and I wonder is this how Hummer make there quality truck like this and my truck is only 4 year old and still brand new.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 232008

Purchased a 2006 Hummer H3 from the seller in this complaint. I paid exactly $23,250 all cash for this vehicle. He actually drove the vehicle to New Jersey from mass. To my residence. The vehicle appeared to be in excellent condition, as it only had 14K miles when I bought it only 3-month's ago. One would hardly think of "hidden" issues at that mileage. In any event, I have had repairs to the rear and front differential, as it had a leak and the front end was out of alignment. The most disturbing thing was this seller lied to me and misrepresented the "true" or actual condition of the vehicle. Unfortunately which would surface after he left with my $23,250 in cash! I would E-mail the seller and told him he misrepresented himself and the condition of the vehicle and how he apparently abused it. More importantly, I discovered "excessive" rust underneath this vehicle. Because these conditions were not divulged to me by Mr. Johnson, I am having a hard time selling the vehicle that practically cleaned out all of my savings. He claimed this truck was garaged kept and that he did no off road riding. This apparently is totally untrue, as the car would not have as much rust as it is loaded with for a 2006! so, can you tell me what recourse, I may have as a the buyer, besides hiring a private attorney who I can't afford, as I am on permanent disability. There must I something my I can pursue under any state or federal consumer laws, especially, since the vehicle is still under warranty by General Motors.. I should also add that I am having difficulty with a local Hummer dealer "royal Hummer" in florham park, who seemed reluctant to address the many issues I am having with this Hummer! I would also appreciate if you can forward this complaint to General Motors corporation, in Michigan, as they should know I am having difficulty with dealers wanting to honor, as they should, any warranty work! I am prepared to file every complaint I could to get restitution for this apparent.

- Wharton, NJ, USA

Mar 062007

H3 4WD 5-cyl

2006 H 3 ; when I go light 4 wheeling the back of the driver's seats get mud on them from the rear doors with all the doors and windows closed!!!

- Rock, MI, USA