NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

2006 Hummer H3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hummer H3:

2006 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Jul 092015

The inside chrome wheels of my wife's 2006 Hummer H3 are flaking off and peeling. Pieces of the debris come loose at all times (especially while the car is in motion). My biggest concern is that it will interfere with the brake pads when they are needed to slow/stop the vehicle. Since my wife and children are in this car more frequently, I do not want this to become an incident that could lead to an avoidable accident. I have pictures that detail my concern with the inside of the chrome wheels that I could send to you (should you need them).

- Shelby Township, MI, USA

Oct 012013

H3 5-cyl

Car has been spontaneously stalling while driving at high speeds. Engine cuts out, power brakes and steering fail, no radio, etc. Vehicle loses all power. It is terrifying. Has happened at least 3 dozen times now. Several visits to dealer could not pinpoint problem. Dealers unable to duplicate stalling, although it has happened to me regularly for months - ie, every time I drive the car (with my two babies) for an extended period on the highway.

- Cotuit, MA, USA