2006 Hummer H3 electrical problems: passlock light on preventing engine to start

Passlock Light On Preventing Engine To Start

2006 Hummer H3

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Hummer dealer.

6.0

2006 Hummer H3 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hummer H3:

2006 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Aug 042012

H3 5 cyl

I started having trouble with my car randomly not starting and having to wait 10 minutes for it to start back in August 2012 and its now January 2013 and I'm still having issues. Ive taken it to a couple places and they tell me because its intermediate that i have to leave it for several days which i cant so after researching ive noticed its a common problem with GM and seems to be the passlock system.

- , Rossville, GA, USA

Jul 132006

H3 3.5L 5 cyl

Purchased the car in May of 06, took it out for it's inaugural debut of car camping a couple months later only to discover upon leaving our camp after a two day stint that the car would not start. The keys became locked in the ignition. To make matters worse the OnStar system would not work either because the battery was dead and we were out of cell range. Luckily a good Samaritan hauled me back and forth where I could get cell reception and speak with an OnStar rep. None of the solutions the OnStar tech support offered worked. The final straw was when the OnStar service wanted to tow me to another state to the nearest Hummer Dealer in Nevada. They would not send a tow truck to jump me or tow me home which was less than a hundred miles. I was forced to call AAA and they found a tow service who came out to the camp site and jumped me. I took the vehicle to the dealer the following Monday and they replaced the battery. Not much explanation as to why the battery failed. This situation has happened two more times since 2006. I am now on my third battery in 2011. Finally a local dealer found an issue with the computer. That's for another complaint!

- , Sacramento, California, USA

Jul 062008

H3 H3 3.5L

I have driven this Adorable for about 5 month without any hiccups until i took it on a long trip of about 550 kilometers the Passlock Light came on halfway into my trip and stayed on for the next 100 kilometers as soon as i switched off and tried to start the car it refused to start, presently i am trying servicing of the Car if the car would reset itself.

The painful aspect of this is that there is no GM Hummer service center in Nigeria, it is assumed that it is a rugged jeep that has been perfected not to come up with such an embarrassing grounding frustrating problem.

My concern i am 450 kilometers away from home, how do i fix this Problem?

- , Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria