NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

3.8

2006 Hummer H3 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Hummer H3:

2006 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Nov 102016

H3

I have a 2006 Hummer H3 and I've had issues with my ignition switch cutting off while I'm driving down the road. There are times that my car will not start do to this. I've had it tested and it's the ignition switch that I'm taking about. Why is this not being recalled!!!!! someone's life can be taken away for something that keeps happening to these Hummer H3!!!!!

- Thomasville, NC, USA

Aug 062015

H3

GM has a security system called passlock that over time seems to fail and trips a "failure" and flashes a key symbol on the dash and disables starting your vehicle until it resets 10 minutes later. This occurs to my wife almsot 50% of the time she tries to start her vehicle. So far GM has come forward with a fix yet I've seen posts on Hummer forumns from hundreds of owners. This has many safety concerns as well as just being a general annoyance: 1) in las vegas we routinely see tempatures over 110F. If the system trips and you have to wait 10 minutes in that heat it can be deadly 2) missing appontments or being late to work because you vehicle intentionally is disabling itself it unacceptable 3) groceries cold/frozen stuck in the heat for 10 minutes waiting for a reset get ruined 4) my wife when alone is stuck waiting outside the vehicle in the heat or locking herself inside waiting for the system to reset can leave her exposed to criminal types

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 112008

H3

The contact owns a 2006 Hummer H3. The contact stated that the seat belt warning light was illuminated for twelve months. The check engine and the evaporation system lights had also been illuminated since 2000. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who stated that the failure could be related to the evaporation system and gasoline cap but the dealer was unable to determine what caused the failure to occur. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 38,000 and the current mileage was 79,000. The VIN was not available.

- San Louis , MO, USA