NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems

2007 Hummer H3 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hummer H3:

2007 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Aug 222014

I keep getting a code that states that my truck runs with a low engine temperature. Plus my truck has had a leak from some where around the lower windshield that is causing electrical problems and soaking wet floors! we had a mechanic look for the leak and try to fix this issue but was unable to find the problem and we were also told by a few dealership that they have seen a lot of H3 Hummer with the same problem! also we are having issues that causes the traction signal to come on regularly and it causes my truck to lock up. It has almost caused us to wreck several times! it's very scary to drive my Hummer! every time we have any of these problems we are always in motion and it's always on the highway when we are driving at higher speeds. It never seems to happen while driving around town!! this has been continuing going on ever since we purchased this vehicle in August 2014

- Sulphur, LA, USA

Aug 052015

The contact owns a 2007 Hummer H3. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 10V179000 (structure) and 15V421000 (visibility) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Metamora, MI, USA

Apr 142015

H3 5-cyl

I bought this vehicle used approximately 7 years ago. I was taking my vehicle through an automated car wash and the hood vent came completely off. I noticed there was a recall in 2010 concerning this part but I never got notification. When I look up by my VIN, it states no recalls. Why not? I noticed it was loose at one lower corner and already had discussed fixing it with the body shop. I need the hood vent replaced now since it tore the latches loose from the top.

- Rogersville , MO, USA

Nov 042012

H3 5-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Hummer H3. The contact stated that the integral clip tabs on the hood fractured and loosened. The vehicle was repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 10V179000 (structure) but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 39,462 and the current mileage was 51,000.

- Monore, MI, USA