2007 Hummer H3 electrical NHTSA complaints: Electrical System

NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2007 Hummer H3 (Page 1 of 2)

2007 Hummer H3 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hummer H3:

2007 Hummer H3 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 302010

The contact owns a 2007 Hummer H3. The contact stated that when the key was in the ignition and turned to the on position, the pass lock warning light illuminated and the engine failed to start. After 15 minutes, the contact was able to restart the engine. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, who diagnosed that the theft deterrence system failed. The vehicle was repaired several times, but the failure persisted. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 65,000.

- Rosedale, IN, USA

May 022015

No air was coming out of vents, found the problem was faulty wiring with the resistor and wire harness blower motor both were burnt and smell of something burning.

- Vestal, NY, USA

Sep 132013

Vehicle would not start called dealership where car was purchased - replaced ignition switch after diagnosis. Since then have had repeated episodes of vehicle ignition/electrical just shutting completely down on different occasions. I could be sitting or approaching a stop light vehicle shuts down upon taking off or idling down, vehicle also shuts down when making turns as well. It occurs so infrequently and has no pattern but it is indeed a safety concern because I have to put on the flashers and take time to restart the engine all before someone runs into me.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Feb 022015

Engine check light came on for very short period of time then went out. About a week later it came on again. Went to Chevy dealer who ran a quick code check which indicated the number 5 cylinder was misfiring. The Chevy dealer indicated the engine/power train warrranty had expired and the problem could be from injectors, plugs, coil and valves. Initial computer check would cost $135. Vehicle is sitting in my garage awaiting money to get it checked.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Feb 142015

The HVAC blower motor resistor connector located under the glove box was burnt, the red plastic on the harness was melted. The reason I became aware of this is because the blower quit working. I looked this up online and found it is a common issue. I feel anytime you have the potential for a fire there should be a recall. I feel it is fair to assume the new resistor and wiring harness will do the same thing since it is the exact same design.

- Massillon, OH, USA

Nov 132013

The contact owns a 2007 Hummer H3. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start and the security warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic where the technician was unable to determine the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 85,000.

- Keller, TX, USA

Oct 242013

The contact owns a 2007 Hummer H3. The contact stated while attempting to start the vehicle, the pass lock disabling system light illuminated and prevented the vehicle from being started. The contact had to wait approximately 10 minutes for the vehicle to successfully restart. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The technician was unable to duplicate or diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Albany , GA, USA

Jul 092014

H3 5-cyl

I have a 2007 H3 Hummer with 81000 miles. This past summer I got into my truck and put on my air conditioning on high. Nothing came out of the vents. Blower motor wouldn't even move. I did some research on the topic and it all lead to a burnt out blower motor resister. I had purchased a new one and replaced it to find out that there was a small fire in the plug from it getting to hot. This is a common problem with the H3. I talked to GM safety and they won't do anything and bout it because it's out of warranty due to age and miles. There is no reason for this not to be a recall issue. No blower motor means no defrost on your windshield. Due to cold winters in New York you need the defrost. Now my trucks blower motor works when it wants to due to faulty wire harness in truck. I have pictures of the plug and old resister. Thank you

- North Tonawanda, NY, USA

Oct 112014

Air blower for air conditioning and heater stopped working because melted plastic on resistor also fried wiring and harness needed to be replaced.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Aug 262014

My son was driving his 2007 Hummer H3 when it caught on fire. It was an electrical fire started on the passenger side in the dash. He didn't know it was on fire until he got out of the car to go into a restaurant. He didn't even smell anything burning and had only been driving around 5 minutes. People were pointing at his car telling him it was on fire. The local fire department got to him in 3-4 minutes. The Hummer H3 was totaled out because of the fire. The car had approximately 64,000 miles on it and was in excellent condition.

- Prestonsburg, KY, USA

Jul 012014

Just had my Hummer in 2 weeks ago at the GM dealership to have the ignition switch replaced. Had been dealing with it stranding me and my kids for 10 minute periods long enough. ( sometimes longer) while it was in there we also had to get the radiator replaced due to it being cracked. Now 2 weeks later my check engine light and traction light have come on. The traction light saying service sab system. After reading all the Hummer problems I can not believe that there was not a recall on both the ignition switch and radiator. The ignition switch being faulty put me and my kids in situations in places for long periods of time that were not safe and at times we were very cold since we can can have below zero weather in Colorado. The ignition not recognising the key causing the anti theft system to activate is recall issue and GM you should be taking responsibility for this!!

- Ault, CO, USA

Jan 032011

The contact owns a 2007 Hummer H3. The contact stated that whenever the air conditioner or heater was turn on, burning wire fumes would emit into the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that resistor needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer who replaced the blower and the wire harness that had melted. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Crestview, FL, USA

Jan 142014

H3 5-cyl

Continuous problems with vehicle shutting down and or not starting with faulty passlock II system............. owners manual says to wait 10-15 min but keeps happening intermittently 4 times on 9-9-14 problem is worsening by the week.

- Key Largo, FL, USA

Aug 092014

The contact owns a 2007 Hummer H3. The contact stated while traveling approximately 25 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was not able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer. The technician diagnosed that the PCM needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. In addition, the key became lodged in the ignition causing the battery to drain. The vehicle was taken back to an authorized dealer who diagnosed that the shifter needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 119,000.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Aug 092014

H3 5-cyl

Was driving in a small town and the vehicle just lost all power with no warning. It cost me over $600 to get repaired and I'm thankful I was not on the highway going 60 or 70 and I'm thankful there was no vehicles behind me. Also the key won't come out of the ignition after I drive it for a while and this wears down my battery and I have to get a jump. Has there been any recalls or other complaints about these problems.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jul 102014

H3 5-cyl

Fan blower resistor burnt up and melted wiring harness electrical seat button that controls position and heat turns on due to the side plastic seat molding that flexes when you sit in the seat.

- Fairview, TX, USA

Jul 012010

H3 5-cyl

My car began show the passlock disabling system light and then failing to start. After starting, it would then show the air bag warning lights for a period that might be several minutes to several days before going out again. This cycle happened at random times disabling the auto without warning and in some dangerous situations. It is a well known and publicized problem that GM has chosen to ignore. I have solved the problem by having passlock disabled and ignoring the air bag warning light with the assumption it is a false warning. These recent events have me reconsidering that action, but the cost of having the problem rectified would be more than I could afford.

- Creedmoor, NC, USA

Feb 022014

The contact owns a 2007 Hummer H3. The contact stated that while driving 25 mph, she began to smell plastic burning under the dashboard. The contact stated that when she stopped the vehicle, she noticed that the resistor for the motor blower had caught on fire and melted. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for inspection. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Stoughton , WI, USA

Jun 062013

H3 5-cyl

Here are multiple issues well documented across the internet of Hummer having and issue with these resistors, as well as Chevy colorados. My blower quit a few months ago, and the resistors and wiring harness are melted to the point of charring! the NHTSA needs to investigate this or are you waiting for an actual fire to cause GM to fix this issue?

- Kittanning, PA, USA

Jan 142013

H3 5-cyl

The anti-theft passlock system is faulty and will not let me start my car. It has happened twice since I got the car in December of last year. Going on-line to see what to do about it made me aware of the overwhelming amount of GM car owners that this has affected. Some being stranded for hours and days of not being able to start their cars due to the faulty passlock system. It is happening to all makes and models of GM cars. I called GM and they weren't interested in doing anything about the problem unless you force them to. Please check into this and help those of us who get stranded in places (sometimes scary places) because our car won't start. Thank you.

- Lynden, WA, USA