NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2008 Hummer H3 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hummer H3:

2008 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Jun 032016

The security lock system on my Hummer H3 intermittently flashes during start causing the vehicle to not crank. Normally I have to wait 10 to 20 minutes for the system to reset itself and she starts right up, but today it's been 8 hours. Finally I had to call for a tow to the GM dealership. We got lucky today. At 10am my wife thought she was going into labor, we get to the truck and no start. Just a flashing security lock symbol flashing at me. Ended up using her car. This is definitely a safety concern, what if her water had broke or my son was needing medical attention. I know GM knows of this defect because I have read thousands of complaints about this exact problem online. They will not fix it unless made to.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 122016

The anti-theft system activates on its own. Several times in the past two months when I go to start my vehicle it will not start because it thinks its being stolen. I have purchased a new key and also switched key fobs. I can park the car in the garage in the morning and at 5pm when leaving work go to start it and nothing. All the dash lights come on but, it will not start.

- Camp Hill, PA, USA

Feb 122014

Upper rail rubbed against the plastic tank on the radiator, creating a crease that fractured, spraying radiator fluid all over the engine compartment. Radiator had to be replaced. Tech advised that the design of the vehicle was faulty because the rail was installed too close to the radiator. He shimmed it to prevent it from happening it again.

- Altoona, PA, USA