2008 Hummer H3 miscellaneous NHTSA complaints: Unknown Or Other

NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

1.5

2008 Hummer H3 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Hummer H3:

2008 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Dec 132016

H3

I have been having security issues with this vehicle for the last 2 years. Keeps me stranded at times until the system resets itself. My hood is rattling and am afraid one day it will come off. Don't want to trade it in but may not have a choice. If companies are aware of these problems they need to fix them before someone gets killed or seriously injured. It is a total shame that consumers have to deal with all these problems and by the way paying high car or truck notes a month and having to deal with extra problems we don't need or want. Fix everything right the first time and there won't be so many complaints coming your way. I have taken my vehicle in more than once for recalls on this vehicle. Please do something about these problems before someone gets sued. Thank you for your time.

- Monahans, TX, USA

Jun 032016

H3

The security lock system on my Hummer H3 intermittently flashes during start causing the vehicle to not crank. Normally I have to wait 10 to 20 minutes for the system to reset itself and she starts right up, but today it's been 8 hours. Finally I had to call for a tow to the GM dealership. We got lucky today. At 10am my wife thought she was going into labor, we get to the truck and no start. Just a flashing security lock symbol flashing at me. Ended up using her car. This is definitely a safety concern, what if her water had broke or my son was needing medical attention. I know GM knows of this defect because I have read thousands of complaints about this exact problem online. They will not fix it unless made to.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Apr 122016

H3

The anti-theft system activates on its own. Several times in the past two months when I go to start my vehicle it will not start because it thinks its being stolen. I have purchased a new key and also switched key fobs. I can park the car in the garage in the morning and at 5pm when leaving work go to start it and nothing. All the dash lights come on but, it will not start.

- Camp Hill, PA, USA

Feb 122014

H3

Upper rail rubbed against the plastic tank on the radiator, creating a crease that fractured, spraying radiator fluid all over the engine compartment. Radiator had to be replaced. Tech advised that the design of the vehicle was faulty because the rail was installed too close to the radiator. He shimmed it to prevent it from happening it again.

- Altoona, PA, USA