NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

3.3

2009 Hummer H3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Hummer H3:

2009 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Sep 182016

H3

The security system is activated and the truck will not start the engine! I must wait 10 minutes to start the vehicle!

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 182016

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 092015

H3

I rec'd a safety recall notice 8/15 for 2009 H3 recall# 15042 or 15V421 (2 different # in letter) from Hummer. The connector module that controls blower motor speed may overheat." If this condition occurs, there is the risk that the heat generated could melt the plastic surrounding the connector module, which increases the risk of a fire" I called dealer-and told GM has no "fix" for this issues (I call every few weeks) I called GM direct that said they don't have the parts yet to fix it. I was advised to drive around with a fire extinguisher in vehicle and not use the fan and leave the car if I smell smoke. Nothing has happened yet and I am not using fan but I would like this condition fixed before a fire occurs. It is very unsettling to drive this way. Hummer/GM

- Glen Cove, NY, USA

Dec 152013

H3 8-cyl

My wife was driving to work and the reduced power alarm came on the car was just driving like it was going to shut down..,

- Clinton, MD, USA