2002 Hyundai Accent brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Hyundai Accent:

2002 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

May 052013

Accent 4-cyl

While I have felt that I have been leading up to the problem that I am about to list for over a year with whining in the front left tire/brake area. I am getting ready for my fourth brakes on my Accent in the past 18 months. Finally in may of this year (2013) I started noticing that when I would press in the clutch the car would slow as if the brakes were being pressed. We took the car to our shop and they replaced the wheel bearing and brakes, brake lines, master cylinder, or as the mechanic says:, "we have replaced everything that we know to replace or repair for this problem". well today, 08/15/2013 I managed to get my car to the mechanic for the same problem. This car has never been wrecked, I am the second owner, my sister-in-law and her husband were the original owners. This car was purchased in indianapolis off of the lot by them.

- Amboy, IN, USA