2.9

2002 Hyundai Accent suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Hyundai Accent:

2002 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Apr 102014

Accent 4-cyl

I was on a side street, thank god. On my way to the highway when I heard a horrible scratching, metal crunching noise. I had a hard time steering when I pulled into a parking lot my car just stopped. I looked, and my tire was sideways, the right lower control arm rotted and broke, the axle came out of the transmission. I spoke to Hyundai and there is nothing they can do. I recently lost my job and would like to be reimbursed for this. If I would have been on the highway I could have been killed and caused a huge accident, due to not being able to turn my wheel. I want to know what can be done about this please. There was a recall due to this same exact reason and it is a huge safety issue.

- Fall River, MA, USA