$1,900.00

1. replace transmission (1 reports)
2003 Hyundai Accent transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hyundai Accent:

2003 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Aug 172010

Accent GSI 1.6L Litre 4

This car has been a wonderful automobile, in fact I always told people I'd buy another Hyundai in an instant until the transmission failed with no warning. I was also in fact one of the first people in Canada to own a Hyundai Pony when they were introduced in Canada so I have owned two new Hyundai automobiles. The Accent was barely out of warranty and the failure was catastrophic due to a defective part. When I complained, the manufacturer told me that it was a wear part and due to the fact that it might have been used in heavy duty driving situation or used to tow a heavy item, the transmission would not be covered. My contention is that I live in a mild climate with light duty, don't tow a thing and have less than average mileage on my car. I have always been meticulous about service including trans fluid service every 50K whether it needed it or not. Certainly there has to be some expectation that a transmission would not fail at this low mileage and if the failure is due to a defective part, the manufacturer should have accepted some culpability. The manufacturer dismissed me entirely and as a result I would not buy one of their products again. In fact my son bought a car last week and he was going to buy a Hyundai until I talked him out of it due to the lack of support I received from the manufacturer. It's a shame really but if a manufacturer does not accept responsibility for a defective product, can you really trust them?

- , Victoria, BC, Canada