7.2

$2,250.00

1. replace transmission (3 reports)
2004 Hyundai Accent transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hyundai Accent:

2004 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

May 052015

Accent LX 1.6L

Shortly after I bought the car I started having transmission issues. When I drive in the city on low gear it doesn't catch and I get a clunk when it finally catches the next gear. On the highway it doesn't go into the high gear and you see the RPM increasing. I bought it when it had 62000 miles, I can't believe that a car could had so many problems with only 62000 miles especially with the transmission.

I've read other reviews on the same car and I guess I'm not the only one having this issues, I wish I had read the reviews before buying.

- , New Haven, CT, USA

Mar 192015

Accent ES 1.6L

The transmission for this car failed 2 times so far for me. The first time I went to the dealers and they gave me 6 months warranty. After 1 1/2 years the transmission blew up again. I contacted Capitol Hyundai and told them about it and they said there is nothing that they can do and that I would just have to go through the process of buying a another transmission from them and they would charge me over $3000 to get my transmission work done which was too much. So I went to someone else to get it fixed for me. I recently changed the axle of this car along with the belts it just seems like endless problems are attached with this car

- , Montgomery, USA

Feb 262015

Accent FL 1.6L

I changed a transmission in 2013 and now in 2015 the transmission again blew up.

- , Montgomery, AL, USA

Sep 022009

Accent

I purchased my 2004 Accent in April 06. Because I was the second owner my warrenty was decreased from the original warrenty of 10 yr/100,000 to 5 yr/60,000 miles. At 78,000 my transmission went out Dec 07. It cost me $2000 to fix. About 3 months after I purchased this car I noticed it wasn't shifting into the higher gears. Soon after it started missing gears and felt like i was hitting a brick wall driving down the road.

- , Parker, PA, USA

Sep 022009

Accent

I have already had a transmission put in to my 04 Accent at 78,000 miles. Now at 106K it is starting to act up again, not shifting at higher miles. When I am breaking it has a very hard down shift between 40 and 20 miles per hour and now it is also started to not catch drive when I first start up my car. I still owe $3,000 and I am in my last semester of college and its all clinical work that is full time work. I can't afford to get a new car or trade this on in. I don't know what to do! If i end up on the side of the road again before my clinical work is over I don't know what I am going to do.

- , Parker, PA, USA