2005 Hyundai Accent electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Accent:

2005 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

May 042015

Accent 4-cyl

The power locks stop working when the car is in the off position, when I turn the car on, it start working the fuel gauge go up and down fast and the go up again and stay, the interior lights work some times, at the same time in the panel, the brake, trunk and doors lights start flashing, the clock on the dash vanishes when the car is running and then comeback, I do that for the whole trip, just worry that the car caught fire...updated 05-27-15

- Lakewood, NY, USA

Oct 282012

Accent

My brake lights do not illuminate when pressing on the brake pedal, and my automatic shift is stuck in park unless I press the button in the small hole located to the upper left to unlock it. I was informed by Hyundai that it sounded like I had a broken switch located by the brake pedal and that it was causing the brake lights to not register when I pressed in the brake pedal. I have an appointment for tomorrow but if there was a recall done on other VIN numbers and mine isn't listed I'm going to be upset.

- Aloha, OR, USA

Sep 272005

Accent 4-cyl

Contact stated 2005 Hyundai Accent was in the nrepair shop for electrical problems. She was driving at a low speed when the check engine light came on, and when the brakes were applied, there were no brakes. The vehicle was driven into a wall to get it to stop. The vehicle was towed to a service dealer. They felt the problem iwasin the electrical system, . the vehicle has been at the dealership since September 27, 2005. There was minor damage to the body of the vehicle, there were no injuries and no police report was taken.

- Bronx, NY, USA