2007 Hyundai Accent engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hyundai Accent:

2007 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Feb 072008

I rented a Hyundai Accent, brand new on 1/13/08 in sint maarten, na for 4 weeks from ace[panoramic] rent a car contract number 589zbb971. On 2/7/08 I arrived at my timeshare, the atrium on billy foley road at approximately 9:45 pm and stopped the car to get out and use a key to open the garage crossbar before entering. I got back in the car and put the car in the drive gear and with my foot still on the brake, the car took off speeding up even as I continued to press the brake down to the floor. I made a quick turn and hit a cement abutment injuring myself and my wife. It is the most horrifying experience of my life. Fortunately we are not critically hurt but my wife's chest injury in very painful. We went to a St martin clinic and the doctor said we are ok to go home to NY and we did on 2/9/08. The atrium has a camera in the garage and saw the entire episode. I have asked them to provide a copy to the car rental Agency and also to me. It is important for you to inform Hyundai of what happened and in checking the internet, I notice others complaining of the car speeding up on its own.

- New York, NY, USA